Last Updated on July 17, 2021 by admin
Choosing the mode of education is an intimidating process. If we consider the last few years of the education sector, we can observe various unimaginable changes. We can now witness whole lots of innovations in education. Currently, we have infinite options but let’s be real for a moment, we all know how they are not suitable for the students. Traditional Educational institutes are active in the standard pedagogy for ages. Most folks area unit aware of the standard model wherever one teacher is teaching fifty students at a time. No one is aware of if those fifty students area unit ready to perceive what’s being explained or if they’re even being attentive to the lecture. This form of teaching isn’t thought-about effective nowadays.
Students have access to new technology that helps them learn and retain info in a much better manner. Which implies, it’s time for academic institutes to bring some changes to their teaching ways? A preferred variant to ancient education is online education or eLearning.
The online education models largely attempting to beat the disadvantages of the standard education system, whereas additionally providing extra edges. During an ancient teaching model, students hear long lectures, take notes, and typically resort to memorization committal to memory.
This leaves very little or no space for active interaction within the schoolroom. Online education, on the opposite hand, encourages participation in schoolroom activities and peer-to-peer collaboration. With the supply of varied kinds of online study resources, students’ area unit ready to have interaction with their courseware and gain information during a way more participating manner.
That’s why, in this blog, we are going to discuss the pros and cons of online education and traditional education so it can be easier for you to make a choice.
It is also known as the conventional method. This method involves the gathering of students in a specific classroom during a provided time with the purpose of learning about specific topics or gaining experience. The curriculum is provided by the government.
Let’s begin by thoroughly discussing traditional education followed by online education.
Advantages of traditional education:
- Group working: Traditional education is a classic example of socialization. It allows student interaction and makes students able to discuss and share their concerns. This activity enhances students’ creativity.
- Offers stability to students: The students who lack motivation and attention in their lives can rely on this education system because it guarantees the stability of students. This educational method ensures the presence and attendance of students in the physical classes.
- Confidence booster: This method makes the students interact and socialize with each other. It boosts the confidence of the students and allows them not to face academic challenges alone.
Disadvantages of traditional education:
- Strict and hectic routine: The students cannot set their schedules. They are bound to follow the timetables that are provided by their institutes. Thus, there’s no flexibility in creating their calendar.
- More cost and time consumption: Commute issue stays. It costs so much money and again the student wastes a lot of time in traveling from one place to another.
Online education takes place in an online format. It involves the uploading and online sharing of content by the teacher. It can be done at home, so physical interaction with teacher is not required. Now let’s study some facts here:
Advantages of online education:
- Flexibility: Online classes ensure access to classes on the go. The student can create a schedule for personal study and don’t have to give up on education because of lack of time.
- Cost-effective: In online education, expenses are lessened because no commute is used by the students, thus saving resources. It’s not necessary to commute from one place to another thereby saving time and money.
- Commodity: There is no need to commute to classrooms physically and the students can create a suitable atmosphere for themselves.
- Performance pressure: A student works and studies individually and faces rather less performance pressure as compared to physical classes. The presence of class fellows around you and the fear of not being a good enough student is absent in this case.
- Easy access: The digital content is easily accessible. The lectures can be studied over and over again for revision purposes.
Disadvantages of online education:
- Requirement of up-to-date gadgets and secure internet connection:
Students must have advanced gadgets and a good internet connection in order to appear in their online classes. A pencil and paper don’t work in this case.
- Cannot be used in every field of study:
Various fields require practice rather than reading and/or studying. Online education cannot provide a medical student with the clinical practice like the traditional educational method.
- Chance of distractions:
The students require a peaceful atmosphere and motivation to study well. A virtual space is not enough for the students rather a far place away from all potential distractions is required.
There is no right or wrong option in the case of traditional education versus online education. It solely depends on your preferences and perspectives. Traditional education is still not coming slow. It guarantees a good study plan to the students and promises a bright future. And let’s just confess that it’s difficult to change your old habits and adopt a new routine out of the blue.
On the other hand, you can travel the world as well as study online. You don’t have to put your education at stake. It saves time and extra expenses, allowing the student to study at their speed.
In the end, it is your own choice to opt for a good option for yourself. You know better about what and how you want. You should pay attention to all the aspects before making this important decision in your life. Your whole life depends on this very decision.